Montessori Education Week takes place every year during the last week of February. During this week, our classrooms spend time learning about other Montessori schools.
Here’s what we cover:
- Maria Montessori and her life
- The five areas of a Montessori classroom
- Practical Life
- Montessori materials and presentations
- Maria Montessori’s Grace and Courtesy lessons
- Differences between a Montessori classroom and a play-based learning environment
And here’s what the children discuss:
- What they love about their Montessori classroom
- What their favorite Montessori material is and why
As part of Montessori Education Week, we also celebrate the Peace curriculum with our Annual Peace Walk.
Maria Montessori believed that every person can contribute to peace in our world. Our peace curriculum allows children to practice peace with one another throughout the school year, helping them to resolve conflict on their own. Our Pre-K classrooms took a walk to Nevada Trails Park on Friday, March 2, 2018, and we recited our Peace Poem together before returning back to school.